Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my walleye curse has been broken...or at least temporarily. I went out to Boulder tonight with a buddy to see how we could do. it was windy and cool, but seemed to be decent conditions for walleyes. In my vast experience walleye fishing (which is about a handful of trips and several dozen hours of watching fishing shows) this is suppose to be a good time to catch a few on the rocks i am told. Anyways, we worked the shore about sundown throwing a vast assortment of overpriced lures that vibrated, rattled, dove, and reflected all spectrums of known light...without much success other than a few baby smallmouth bass. we waded some drop offs and worked more shoreline with still no luck...and then took a walk farther down the dam to try it there. After losing about 20 dollars more worth of known "walleye killin" lures we decided to change up our presentation and slow it down a bit with good old fashioned jigs tipped with night crawlers. after a few dozen casts i managed to hook up with one smallish walleye about 20 feet offshore. about 20 minutes later i hooked up with another decent fish of about 18 or 20 inches...which to me is a good fish. he almost got donated to the pot, but after contemplating it for a few minutes we felt sorry for him and let him go. im a sucker like that, ive been known to have my tenderhearted moments...well with fish, anyways. there were several other guys out there fishing, but no one seemed to be catching much.

We had to call it quits at about 11pm...i wanted to stay longer, but my buddy had to work early that morning and was getting tired. i imagine the fishing was only going to get better as the night wore on, but alas....we had to leave.

ill try it again soon....

Heres my buddy with his monster smallie...

Heres me with my first walleye of the year...almost as big as Kens fish he caught earlier today...i know hes raging with jealousy...

my bigger fish...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Congrats Rottal.

Those walleye are pigs! ;D

I to understand your frustrations on loosing lures. Breaking off a .99 cent wolly bugger is one thing but losing a $6 dollar rapala on some @#$%^ rock is something else.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
dan i have yet to see any pics from you this year with a fish
so im telling rottal good job keep getting them
waiting to see what monster fish dan catches this year

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks fishingkats....its about time someone stood up for me and protected me from Dan's abuse and degrading comments. hes a horrible horrible man....*sob

;)

·
Registered
902 Posts
I've been calling it quits once it gets dark b/c of the new moon. Am I missing out? Congrats, the smallies there are going nutz, you have to fish through 10 or 15 of them before you get a walleye. Maby i'll see you out there somtime, thats my local spot-

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HookNLine said:
Do u wear the micheal jackson glove when u fly fish?
im missing something here.....

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
bobwall said:
I've been calling it quits once it gets dark b/c of the new moon. Am I missing out? Congrats, the smallies there are going nutz, you have to fish through 10 or 15 of them before you get a walleye. Maby i'll see you out there somtime, thats my local spot-

Rottal has those military issue night vision goggles the army gives him. It's an unfair advantage if you ask me.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Rottal said:
HookNLine said:
Do u wear the micheal jackson glove when u fly fish?
im missing something here.....
i thought the micheal jackson joke was only one glove?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ken Broeren said:
Nice John!
Well Ken, i had to make up for our trip to Cherry Creek last year...im still waiting for another invite, but with all the ribbing i give you i doubt ill get it anytime soon ;)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Just got your pm rottal, no help now. Fished boulder res tonight for just under 2 hrs. Weather moved in late again. Inlet is flowing heavier then 2 nights ago. Waters seems colder, smallies were not nearly as active. To dark for me to stay late, i get scared :-[

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I get scared in the dark too....maybe Ken will come up to protect me....bobwall, you can help keep me from slipping and busting my skinny rear on those rocks.

all i need now is someone to come tie on the lures i keep losing...i think 1eyered is a good dude for that busy job.... ;)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ha! yea, enough of our dumbarses out there and we should be able to figure it out. And i'm sure oneeye's not bussy, after posting a pic of his girl fishing up here with all us sorry slobs..... >:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts