Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a blast in Louisianna....the guide was awesome, we spent 13 or 14 hours on the water and he put us on more fish than we could count. We first sight fished the Gulf backwaters for reds, and my buddy caught his first...a 7 lb fish in about a foot of water on a spoon fly. i caught an 8 lb red, my personal biggest on a flyrod, along with a bunch of others. we played around with both spinning gear and flyrods, and covered a whole variety of water through out the day. later we threw at some sheephead and got into a mess of seatrout---- it was a good trip despite my killer hangover from hanging out on Bourbon Street in New Orleans.....

i tried to post pics, but they wouldnt take....ill try again later, im not sure what the problem was.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somethings up...i cant post pics..says my file is too big? the one i tried to post is 32 kb....thats way under the size limit...anyone have any clues? ive never had problems posting before...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, im trying the TinyPic deal...

heres my buddy's first redfish..caught in about 12 inches of water on a spoonfly...

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Rottal said:
Somethings up...i cant post pics..says my file is too big? the one i tried to post is 32 kb....thats way under the size limit...anyone have any clues? ive never had problems posting before...
Ive been having the same probs too.

-Jay

Nice red bro!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Were abouts down there did you fish? My father in law lives down there near Lafayette and I go down every year for a week long fishing trip. We usually put the boat in at the ship channel south of Crowley and fish for the bull reds. Those are some big fish!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Ken...

heres a few more...

a seatrout...caught on a clouser...

a red caught on spinning gear...

a closeup of a smaller redfish...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HookNLine said:
Hey do those things put up a good fight?
yeah, they are like bulldogs for sure. they dont make long screaming runs like a permit or bonefish, but they take a while to tire out and will definately put a bend in your rod. to me they are an ideal gamefish--- they are very aggressive and take lures both on top and below...and are great eating if you are into that. i just like to catch em though...

COPE--- i was fishing just north of Venice, LA...near a place called Myrtle Grove. Im booking a trip for this November, im hoping to get into some of those bull reds you mentioned....

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and heres two more to wrap it up...

me and a red...head on.

the guide holding one before releasing it...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol..sorry about that ken. on this trip, since it was my first trip to fish in Louisianna i had to wear my good luck hat...the green "Globe" hat. its been to iraq and afghanistan, not to mention a whole slew of other places----it keeps me lucky with the fish and everything else....

next trip Ken i promise youll see the black "colorado fisherman" hat...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts