Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this summer i drove around ruedi to fish the upper fryingpan. man was that reservoir beautiful!

so if one wanted to ice fish it, what is really in there and catchable? macks, bos, browns?

where is a good spot to go - park, fish etc.

hope i am not asking too much ;D would just like to make a trip there this ice season.

thanks

·
Registered
935 Posts
In another forum, I saw post after post from guys catching 18"-10" Macks from Reudi through the ice. Supposed to be decent ice fishing.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
consistently catch macks at ruedi that range from 10-22" in length, with 16-20" fish the most common. Caught an obese 24" there last year. In a couple trips, we each lost a large mack probably well over 10 pounds. It was excellent for big macks before the drought, but it got drawn down so far, the big macks became concentrated, and since they are not protected, they were harvested. There are some big ones left though, iceintheveins lost a mack he estimates at around 30 pounds there two years ago. Saw it several times the hook just popped out. While I have not hooked one that large, have hooked a few that were probably in the midteens in pounds, hard to tell, but definitely large.
The rainbows there are too easy. Generally range from 8-12". My dad did catch an 18" though. There are also a few browns, a few cutts, a few brookies, and there used to be kokanee. There may still be a few lingering but I bet they are very, very low in number if there are even any left at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts