Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Honestly I'll be very surprised if they ever actually utilize this lake for anglers
Looks like if they do it will prob. be shore fishing and hand launched boats only:

"Parker Water and Sanitation also is exploring ways to develop recreational uses at the dam — including hiking, camping, fishing and nonmotorized boating — through an intergovernmental agreement with other Douglas County entities.

Also talks about it here:

http://www.denverpost.com/dougco/ci_24824728/rueter-hess-reservoir-uses-could-be-expanded

"Redd foresees more passive recreational uses allowed by the environmental impact statement such as connecting and expanding the trail system near the reservoir — located just south of Hess Road and a few miles east of Interstate 25 — allowing for non-motorized boats, fishing and overnight camping. "

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I live walking distance to the lake and it doesn't sound like the public will ever get to use it. Damn government taking away land that belongs to the people hahaha the tax payers are the ones that paid for it. :biggrin1: Tribute to Shorty Ice In The Veins.

·
Registered
316 Posts
way off topic..... I'm surprise more here people aren't talking about this

"One of the biggest Douglas County projects in decades is Sterling Ranch, a proposed community of 12,000 homes south of Chatfield State Park. "

12,000 homes located within 3 miles of Chatfield... you think its busy now. :eek:

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Stock Lakers and kokanee in Reuter Hess. Then it will absolutely be the most controversial subject in the history of Colorado fishing.

And as to Chatty's new housing development, YIKES!!!

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
way off topic..... I'm surprise more here people aren't talking about this

"One of the biggest Douglas County projects in decades is Sterling Ranch, a proposed community of 12,000 homes south of Chatfield State Park. "

12,000 homes located within 3 miles of Chatfield... you think its busy now. :eek:
I have a buddy part of that sounds like there are to many problems to make it happen. Who knows maybe it will but I just don't see massive home developments like we had in the past since the mortgage industry tightened up.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I have a buddy part of that sounds like there are to many problems to make it happen. Who knows maybe it will but I just don't see massive home developments like we had in the past since the mortgage industry tightened up.
Douglas County's Sterling Ranch clears final hurdle 02/20/2014

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25192342/douglas-countys-sterling-ranch-clears-final-hurdle

'The Sterling Ranch development in Douglas County cleared its last hurdle, as a judge on Wednesday sided with the development after area residents challenged the process in which the massive project was approved.

The ruling by Douglas County District Court Judge Richard Caschette means construction on the first of more than 12,000 homes could start in early 2015, said Sterling Ranch spokesman Randy Pye.:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm sure people siad that about Highlands Ranch too...It's going to happen, they are already surveying the land.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Well shows what I know which isn't much. I bet it takes 25- 30 years to build it out. I hope it happens my business use to depend on new construction. I miss the good old days in HR picking up 3-5 installs a week times where good. Guess it time to damn up that **** hole deckers and provide another lake for us front range anglers.

·
Registered
592 Posts
It will definitely take decades to finish, but if you're looking for work call up Richmond Homes, they got rights to build out something like 50% of the Sterling Ranch homes...

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Sweet, more idiots that will move in and complain of coyotes and mountain lions eating their pets, and bears that will get put down because they'll be digging in people's trashcans. But it's all good because these homes are more than likely being built in a forest fire prone area.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Sweet, more idiots that will move in and complain of coyotes and mountain lions eating their pets, and bears that will get put down because they'll be digging in people's trashcans. But it's all good because these homes are more than likely being built in a forest fire prone area.

Says the fat floridan who waxes poetic about moving to Grand County on a weekly basis.:D

I think you should probably kill yourself before you cause any more harm to our fragile front range ecosystem.

suckit1

:llama:

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
It will definitely take decades to finish, but if you're looking for work call up Richmond Homes, they got rights to build out something like 50% of the Sterling Ranch homes...
F"" Richmond over 20 years span I can think of 6 mid size companys they just didn't pay and bankrupted them. One was a good friend at one point they owed over 2 million , He made a few close friends over the course of working for them and they where warning him to get out. Richmond would choose mid size companys just big enough to handle the volume of work but not big enough to duke it out in the courts for years.

·
Registered
592 Posts
F"" Richmond over 20 years span I can think of 6 mid size companys they just didn't pay and bankrupted them. One was a good friend at one point they owed over 2 million , He made a few close friends over the course of working for them and they where warning him to get out. Richmond would choose mid size companys just big enough to handle the volume of work but not big enough to duke it out in the courts for years.
I didn't say I LIKE them, just that they will be doing the most business out there. I used to work for a company that specialized in construction defect litigation, I don't like ANY of the big developers after that experience, even the ones we worked for...they all build CRAP-no style, bad oversight, awful quality!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts