Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard Antero was elbow to elbow...

So I thought of a lake I got the idea to ice years ago from brook king's reports on this site. It's since become one of my favorite places to walk on water
[img]
Plus I couldn't leave till 8:30am, and Max had to be home by 6pm... So we had to stay close ;D

Hiking uphill, in the snow, into the 50mph wind, dragging a 250 pound sled wasn't easy
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd265/jamesfs/026-1.jpg

When we crossed the river

and saw we had the lake to ourselves, it was worth it..

Didn't take long to get into the unpressured Brookies

Double

I caught on Ratsos, Ratfinkys, and small spoons. I know Max caught a few on an orange Ratfinky, don't know if he caught all his on that? It was really windy, and most fish were caught jigging.

Also caught a decent Rainbow

Nice fishing with you again Max..

Was a good day :)

Thanks again brook king

A couple Bighorn pictures I took in The Big Thompson the day before..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Tubejig said:
Great report and awesome pics as always James!! Thats an extremely decent rainbow for that lake!!!
;D!
ya i was supprised when i saw it at the bottom of the hole how big it was, froze my hand to get that fish to. ;D that guy made it worth the trip tho.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice catchy title!! Thanks for the report James..

D.J.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Really surprised to see that rainbow-- especially one that fat-- from that liitle lake. I've never figured why there isn't significant winter kill up there as I don't think there's a place more than eight feet deep. The ice can be four feet thick later in the winter with lots of snow on it. James, great job of pictorial story telling, as always!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Exceptional report and pics like usual James! Wish I had a closer place to hike to a gem like that. Nice cherry on top with a fat rainbow!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts