Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had discussions with a couple of people about the fact that the Lowrance Sonar/GPS product emulators wouldn't run in Windows 7, although they work fine in XP.

A friend helped me figure out tonight how to run them in Winsows 7, so I figured I'd pass the steps along. I'm a giver like that. :D

1. Uninstall theLowrance emulator if you have one already downloaded.

2. Go here and hit the orange "Get Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC Now" button and follow the instructions. It's a multi-step process with 3 separate downloads. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

3. After completing those downloads, you will then update XP Mode and Virtual PC and you'll need to shut down and restart your computer once or twice during the process.

4. Follow the instructions to open the Virtual PC in XP Mode.

5. Once the Virtual PC is opened in the XP mode, get on the internet and download the emulator you want from the Lowrance website. http://www.lowrance.com/en/Downloads/Product-Emulators/

6. The emulator can then be run by going to the Windows 7 “Start” button, double clicking “All programs”, then “Virtual PC”, and "Windows XP Mode". You can then start the emulator program.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It turns out that this only works if you're running Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Good tips, also if you have a copy of XP and valid key, you can run it in Sun VMware, same idea. Virtual machine

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Nerds!!...so glad I am just the data biiioootttch....

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Ha ha ha! :D I'm glad you are, too!! It's a perfect arrangement.
OMFG...I am in a symbiotic relationship with a lawyer!...

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!...yikeZ!!...

bwahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahhaaaa...

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
One thing Don and I found out is the XP mode and virtual will not work with the Home 7 program, just the Professional 7... :'( If anybody finds out how to do it on Home Edition please let us know!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
TthePikester said:
One thing Don and I found out is the XP mode and virtual will not work with the Home 7 program, just the Professional 7... :'( If anybody finds out how to do it on Home Edition please let us know!
Sun Virtual Machine

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Its super easy, setup the Sun software, then you install windows into the sun machine. DO you have a copy of XP? WIth key?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Try this, its even easier. Right click the program you want to run, then Properties, then compatibilty mode, then check the box for Windows XP SP3. Apply Ok, then try it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts