Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a chance to get out last weekend on a front range creek just outside of Denver. Flows were still high (above 1,000 cfs) and the creek was basically blown out. But I was able to bring a few trout to hand on a black copper john and a prince nymph (both about a size 16)

I have heard some people call this fishing too easy since the fish are just hanging on for dear life along the edges. Still, I was surprised and happy that I at least made something happen in the chocolate milk and decided that a celebration beer was in order. I'll probably wait for flows to come down a bit more before getting back out, but they are coming down so hopefully it wont be too much longer and we will be out there throwing dry flies for the summer (which officially starts this weekend).

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nicely done sir.

The waters are receding like the hair on my head.

I have been watching the flows dropping fast the last week or so on some free flowing creeks and rivers. :cool:

It won't be long :thumb:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Better they (Creeks) recede like your hairline than increase like my middle age waistline

:biggrin1:
Yea I got that going on, too.

You know the Dicky-do syndrome..... my belly sticks out farther than my dicky do. :'( (I know this is giving some peeps bad visuals)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My II Cents

Having lived on a farm when I was younger, as my grandpa aged and his belly grew he said, " If you have a Tool worth keeping, it's worth building a Shed Over It. :biggrin1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts