Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Runyon & Fountain lakes yesterday. Fished from 4:30 to 7:30 started out on Runyon lake got a couple of bites right outta the gate but being my first time out this year I was a little rusty.  Tried to get out to my favorite point but a couple of angry geese did not want to give up thier what is apparently their favorite spot to.  After a short foot chase me being the pursuee (sp) I decided to give Fountain a try.  The chase must have knocked the rust off beacause within an hour I caught a few bluegill A nice largemouth 12-14" and a 14.5" crappie.  My brother caught two nice largemouth about the same size on a buzzbait and missed three more.  Overall a great day fishin... FINALLY!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
nice crappie i never knew there were any in fountain all i;ve ever caught in fountain are trout and bluegill in runyon i;ve caught catfish trout walleye i might have to make a trip down there soon

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
That is one very fine crappie!

Don't worry about the geese, they will mellow out after their eggs hatch.

Welcome to the forum. I think this may be a forum first -- a new member successfully posts a picture in their very first post!

·
Registered
594 Posts
lol...I have about 500 posts and am still not willing to give it a try!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to give my brother the credit for posting the pics some what of a computer wiz.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i think ive been to runyon before but how do i get to fountain? thanks

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
How do you get into Runyon and Fountain lakes? I've seen them but never knew where the access was.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From I-25 take the Santa Fe exit. Head south on Santa Fe ave. Take a left on Locust st ( only road to turn on before you reach the Arkansas) Follow Locust to the fork in the road and go right. If you are familiar with Runyon Field Locust would be the road south of the complex. Hope this helps if not use mapquest or google earth to locate the fields.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts