Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
Re-opened today...

Chatfield State Park’s Swim Beach Reopens

LITTLETON, Colo. – Chatfield State Park’s swim beach reopened for swimming on Thursday, June 23. The swim beach is open seven days a week, from sunrise to sunset, through Labor Day. All vehicles entering the park must have a parks pass, but there is no additional charge to use the swim beach.

"The water in the swim beach area was tested on Wednesday and the results Thursday showed that E. coli bacteria levels were once again well within the allowable standards," said Jennifer Anderson, Chatfield State Park’s Operations Manager. She added that the recent high levels of the bacteria probably occurred due to the recent high temperatures. Park staff closed the beach to swimming on Wednesday morning immediately after getting the test results showing higher than allowed E. coli bacteria levels.

“We closed the swim beach to protect the public,” said Anderson. “We welcome back our visitors who come to swim.”

There are no lifeguards on duty at the swim beach, and children 12 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Please remember that swimming is only allowed within the designated swim line. No pets are allowed on the swim beach.

http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/chatfield

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Someone must of released a big giant brown trout in there that morning. ARE YA READY KIDS?!?! AYE AYE CAPTIAN!!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My II Cents

I remember when there was no e coli, more trout, less boats and no inspections. I could care less about the trout but man has it changed.

I'm talking years ago. I agree with Dave, shitfield, I have called it that for years.

It's a recreation lake with fancy boats, jet skis, inconsiderate people but what a money maker.

I know to fish it get on early, off early in the summer. You regular fisherman have to be commended.

I'll stick to South Park, mountain waters.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I remember when there was no e coli, more trout, less boats and no inspections. I could care less about the trout but man has it changed.

I'm talking years ago. I agree with Dave, shitfield, I have called it that for years.

It's a recreation lake with fancy boats, jet skis, inconsiderate people but what a money maker.

I know to fish it get on early, off early in the summer. You regular fisherman have to be commended.

You aint kiddin. Its gettin to be as bad as CC. Its prob doubled from last year. I made the mistake of goin in the wads entrance last weekend. Line was backed up all the way to wads. Usually yake santafe down and no line EVER. Glad i only work 4 10s. I got mondays off plus weekends. I get out when all the tards are paper pushin with hangovers. I feel bad for the people who have to clean up after a weekend like last. Chit i filled two king soopers bags with trash just on the way to my spot. Carried my big ol box and packed my backpack with trash on the way out. So sad to see. I now carry a 13gal or whatever the kitchen size is and get as much as i can. Usually do it any place i fish. I even do it at work when im out and about if i can (just dont forget about it in the car ).

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
^^ ^^

Good for you for picking up the trash other should folks pack out. They should pack their own crap out, but good for you for doing it. Appreciated.

·
Registered
294 Posts

I read somewhere the Ecoli comes from rain runoff and hot weather. I know for a fact 10 years ago they were shutting down swimming for Ecoli.

I think the lake has actually had less traffic over the past couple years for some reason. The park is busy and the dog park blew up the Wads entrance but they haven't been staging boats one in one off like they use to 5 years ago every weekend.

Maybe all of the rain the past couple years is keeping people out.

I'm on my way out now to spend the weekend on the water.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
honestly never cared for chatfield, although i do have great memories of playing the slot machine that is known as chatty spillway fishing.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Yep...
Chatty SUCKS !!
Fishing stinks....
Crowds are unruly..
And the employees are rude.
DON'T go there....

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I rarely skunk at chatty. Heres a hint... Juvie shad find the best light penetrating water due to poor eye sight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts