Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well spent the night out at neenoshe sitting and fishing
having a good time with the kids

total was 5 fish ,4 wiper ,1 white     and one big carp that i wish would have been a wiper it was about 25 #

all fish were caught on shrimp

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice...

Me and my kids could catch fish like that if I had a 'fishing truck' ...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea the fish are hungry

i heard of one walleye getting caught and one cat but didnt see them
so its all hear say i asked to see the fish and the guys just looked
at me and smiled and walked away

i still think minnows would kill at this lake
but i cant keep minnows alive i pick them up and with in a hour they die
so i need to learn or try again to take minnows fishing

·
Registered
152 Posts
HEy fishingkats,
I too had a problem keeping minnows alive.....until I got a bucket with an aerator (spelling?) on it. Since then I could leave them outside in the heat and they would still easily make it through the day. Also left them overnight and they survivied. A great investment for us bankfisherman with no live well. You might give it a shot... I found this one after I very small bit of searching, mine looks way less complicated but this is basically the same as it except way more expensive, im sure u could find something like it for 10 bucks
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp;jsessionid=K1VAWA0P5M1YVTQSNOLSCOGOCJVYQIWE?id=0030427119451a&navCount=0&cmCat=srchdx&cm_ven=srchdx&cm_ite=srchdx&CM_REF=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=minnow+aerator&prssweb=Search&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-web-t&x=wrt&_requestid=31574

F

·
0 Posts
Try using a cheap styrofoam ice chest. I have kept minnows alive for over a week at a time in one. The more expensive/ thicker ones don't seem to work as well- no idea why. Keep it out of the sun and if it is going to be hot, poke holes in a bag of ice and drill holes in the lid so the ice melts and drips into the water. Just don't crowd the minnows if you are going to keep them for a while. About 5 or 6 dozen crappie minnows is about all you want in a 26-30 qt ice chest. Remove any dead minnows daily. Also, about a day in direct sunlight kills chlorine in regular tap water so you can add fresh water to your "tank" by just setting milk jugs out to sun. The minnow dealers will hate this but it works.

M

·
0 Posts
For about 10 or 12 dollars, Sportsmans has a collapsible Frabil bucket with a battery operated airator. I don't know where you can find one down south but it may be worth it.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i got me a few ideas on what im going to do

a clear barrel or white one with a screw on lid 10 bucks

airator walmart 7 dollars im thinking two 14 bucks

and strap it to the inside wall of my truck opposite side of my
fuel tank

small net to catch the fish after they are in the barrel 4 bucks
sounds good right well thats the plan right now anyway

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Hey F-kats,I'm 99% sure me and my bro will be at nee noshe on friday night. Drivin my bro's black suburban and my tracker boat. Maybe see ya there!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i should be around there im hoping

you cant miss my truck now i got a can of black spray paint

[                        .com]       ]        ]
[________________]___]____]

this is what the passenger side looks like now
hope you dont mind ken       was thinking the bumper sticker was
a little to small for my truck           

1 - 18 of 18 Posts