Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to the platte yesterday to see if I could find the caddis rollcast was talking about. Saw some caddis flying around and a couple fish rise so I started off nymphing. Couldnt keep them off bhfb pheasant tail! Then I decided to go down river a little bit and wouldnt you know, ran right in to the caddis hatch right at scraggy view. It was unreal! Caddis everywhere! Ive only heard about these hatches never really been in the middle of one like this. I must of caught 30 fish in 2 hours of fishing! Thanks alot for the report Rollcast!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Nice...i have yet to see a good caddis hatch on the Platte, but it sounds like you got into a good one...im jealous.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Glad to help...It totally caught me off gaurd..I'm glad someone else happen to catch it ..Everyone I've told seems to think im nuts...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
went back up there yesterday. not as many caddis but plenty of dry fly action! still couldnt keep them off bhfb pheasasnt tail as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
thank you very much! I am going to head up to idaho springs and fish clear creek and georgetown. are there any good lakes or ponds at the top of the pass in georgetown?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts