Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incase you havn't heard Peter Forsberg just signed a 2yr contract w/ The flyers!!

Sad day!!! :( :( :( :( :( :(

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
144 Posts
@#%$^&#*^&!)*@#($%%^##^%&^!!!!!!

(...at least that's what I said when I heard it on the radio today).

I sure hope Pierre and Stan know what they're doing! I was thinking they let Foote go to free-up some dough for Forsburg.

Maybe they want some younger, speedier skaters for all that open ice that's supposedly going to be available with the new "no redline" rule. With the Avs being traditionally an offensive team, we'd better see a lot of those "home run" passes for the break-a-way! Sakic and Hejduk should rack-up 50 goals a piece!

Lot's of talent has changed teams this year, Jay. Should be interesting. At least Peter is in the East.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only good thing I can see is Peter gets Injured due to the way he plays. With the CAP I guess we cant risk having a high priced player taking up cap room if he'll be out injured.

Time will tell.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Sad to see him go, thankfully it wasn't to the Redwings or some other teams in the division. I hope the new salary cap doesnt effect the Avs from getting players later in the year when it counts.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Yeah its a bummer we wont see those wild moves he makes that only he can do!On the other hand,he has been hurt a LOTand the AVS did win their last stanley cup without him!Remember the spleen?

·
Registered
943 Posts
i am so upset he was my favorite player of all time. he could skate circles around anyone. he also didnt mind knocking somebody on their ass. i'm gonna miss him

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I was a HUGE NHL fan. Aside from the $$$ I spent on tickets. There was everything from clothes (hats, T-shirts, jerseys) to stuff like Mcfarlan statues. I play on 3 different roller hockey teams. I PAY to play. This season I am going to try very hard not to support the NHL in any way. Not even watching games.
We are lucky to have the Colorado Eagles (CHL President cup winners), and are soon to get another CHL team in Broomfield. Although not many of their games are televised, you can go to 3 or 4 of their games for the price of Av's tixs.
I do feel the NHl will be more exciting. Smaller goalie pads is a great ideal. I love playing w/out the red line, so I think that will also improve the game. Also, I think if all the teams spend the same amount. It will be a great improvement. It's hard to develop serios rivalries when players are on different teams every season. Although I used to watch any game, my favorites were always Red Wing - Avalanche. Remember a couple of years ago when the Wings beat the Av's 7-1 in a play-off game? That was great. Or watching Osgood, Vernon, and Hasik all put a beating on that old goalie (I can't think of his name?) the Av's had before Abiessier?
Anyway, I think w/ the salary cap the teams will be more even, and we'll see less trades. That can only breed more rivalries.  8)

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Avalanche season ticket holder...UGH!!!...comeback Peter...

One of my favorite Red Wing Memories...132 point season by the Wings...to lie down like the gagging dogs that they are...anyone know the Himelich (sp?) Manuever?...the biggest sports gag job of all time...

L

·
0 Posts
i think he was upset about going! no wait i think i read a report he was laughing all the way to the bank.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Big loss, that Peter. No one could skate with the puck and beat people up like him...EVER. On the bright side, I think his presence delayed the development of Hejduk and Tanguay and now there's nothing to stop them from reaching their full potential. Pierre knows what he is doing and he will get them back to the Cup, salary cap or not. Can't wait for the season to start. I missed that French Canadian English (isn't that an oxymoron) and interviews with stupid players like Luc Robataille (in the playoffs about 4 years ago when he was with the Kings).....

"Yeah, those Avs. They played real good tonight. We just have to uhhh... get it together and uhhhh, maybe try to put the puck in the net more than they do tomorrow night....."

Isn't that the point of hockey Luc?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LoL.

Thats a great point about Hejduk and Tanguay. As far as PL knowing what he's doing im not so sure about that! Why the hell did we sign Brad May. Isn't he the guy that orcastrated the entire Burtuzzi/Moore thing? This makes me wonder. Oh well, Im will tell

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Fishingcats --- Another reason to switch from the greedy NHL to the CHL (other than it being alot cheaper). The Colorado Eagles have "the Eagle Chicks"!!!   :eek:  I have heard the Carolina Hurricanes have cheerleaders. Not sure if it's true or not though?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Should I get rid of my Peter Foresburg authentic jersey or not?

I am an Avs fan first..although paid $150 for it years back????...hmnnn ya its gone.....

Go Avs...Hedjuk, Hinote, Tang, Sakic, Blake....

TH

1 - 20 of 24 Posts