Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Sad News Boulder Reservoir

5K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  mattyt 
#1 ·
Good bye to one of my favorite lakes. Memories of catching big cats with friends, nice perch, even meeting Slayer for the first time ever, which is a memory of it's own. It will be gone! :(

The city will close and drain the lake for repairs. Noooo! Whats up with all these lakes needing repairs? Was the state cheap first time around?

#7 ·
City of Boulder (Hippies) :p want nothing to do with CPW except allow them to stock fish. So it will not have the new there. Here is the link straight from the horses mouth.

#10 ·
Not the best boating or structure lake but the cove flats are very productive with trophy warm water species. It's too bad it'll all get ruined and we wont even be able to ice fish it. Between the drain and the cold they'll be as good as dead in there. Reminder of how good it use to be. :(

#13 ·
I mean it is a bummer for sure. I enjoyed catching a few perch out there during ice season last year as you know AJ. However I do not think the fish are at great risk. The reservoir should have a sustainable dead pool for fish populations. For reservoirs that do not have a sustainable dead pool, CPW usually calls a fish salvage. The fact that they are not doing it in the heat of summer should help as well. All I am saying is don't write off the lake yet. I bet after the work is done there will still be some giant Catfish to catch and some decent perch as well.

#16 ·
Yea I spent more time at this lake then anyone in winter. So I love it. It all depends on how much they’ll drain it. I have a good feeling they’ll do what is best to keep those fish alive. Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

#18 ·
Boulder is a hot spot forsure and for many years it's produce some nice eyes and crappies. Timing is definitely the answer to most people's skunk. Don't fish Boulder in the heat of the summer, don't fish boulder when the crowds are thick and don't fish boulder on calm days. Night fish it most of the time and you will land fish. I've fished boulder since the early 90's and it has produce everytime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.