Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing at Barr today and the ranger popped up to deliver some sad news! We can no longer shore fish from the west side: the railroad side. The land belongs to FEICO, railroad company and they don't want fishermen to be fishing that side anymore. If you're biking or walking you can still use that path as an access, but no longer will be able to fish that side unless the water is low enough that you're not walking on FEICO land. The Ranger put up the sign right after telling us the news - he was a great guy, and always really respectful and cool when he checks me. So, my fishing days are done at Barr now. As somebody who doesn't own a boat, there's just no real shore access to fish. Can't fish the North side (the dam), can't fish the south side (bird sanctuary), and now we can't fish the west side. So the only shore access fishermen have is the shallow east side at the main gate. I don't know about you but I've never caught fish on that side. Sad day, no more fishing at Barr for me. I guess I'm on to other fisheries.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
That's not Barr...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts