Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to Saint Mary's Lake this morning. 8" of ice covered by 2 or 3 inches of snow. Watch for sand and/or gravel mixed in with snow and ice. Fishing was good, with brookies taking the normal stuff. Seemed like they wanted to see some action on the lures.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ha! just posted a question in the ice section askin if that lake had ice. guess i shoulda looked here first. thanks for the post. finally an excuse to get the short poles out!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Jörmungandr said:
Even though after this report I know I won't be the only one.... I can't wait for this weekend.
And then came the crowd of people to the marys to pray to the fish gods.. :D :D Im sure there is other places to ice fish if marys is frozen.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Slimer said:
cocoking said:
Jörmungandr said:
Even though after this report I know I won't be the only one.... I can't wait for this weekend.
And then came the crowd of people to the marys to pray to the fish gods.. :D :D Im sure there is other places to ice fish if marys is frozen.
But said mystery places are a much longer hike.
I'm going to one of those "said mystery" places Monday. When are you going Rob? ;D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Jörmungandr said:
jamiehughes said:
Jörmungandr said:
I have a feeling that it won't be as bad as people think... most people want to hold out for the bigger lakes.
and the bigger fish...
their loss.

fishing ain't about catching big fish.
It is for Jamie...he is thinking about legally changing his name to North Delanney...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts