Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home tonight from a nine day road trip to fish my second NWT tournament in Saginaw Bay. If you ever get a chance to go there do, it is an amazing place!! I went early this time to practice with Ed Stachowski and his team. My first day Ed and I went out almost to the Thumb and fished in 4-5 foot waves to establish if he should make the run from Bay City during the tournament and we found fish out in the abyss on humps. It was fun but Scary at the same time! Ed ended up taking fourth place on the pro side out there and was the leader till the last three guys weighed in and his winnings dropped from 65,000 to 15,000 in ten minutes :eek:

On the first day of the tournament I went 40 miles out into Lake Huron with a local pro and his fish weren’t there:Cry: The second day I drew a pro out of Minnesota and trolled up a bunch of decent fish but no monsters only about 15 miles out into Saginaw Bay. We weighed in five 19-23” fish for only 13lbs. Even though it was a disappointing outcome I had an amazing adventure that I will never forget!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts