Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not real happy that Saint Croix stopped the selling of rod blanks to the public due to demand of finished rods. I will now boycot all Saint Croix products.I have made several spinning and fly rods with these blanks. Greedy jerks. No more Fishfull Thinker for me. To each there own.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I used fish almost exclusively with St Croix rods, but I've grown to like G Loomis more for lightness and sensitivity. I still prefer my Legend Elite for throwing jerkbaits. It's almost impossible to get anything other than extra fast rods from G Loomis. That's too fast for jerkbait fishing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I build rods from venders with top quality blanks. This is just another one I can't get anymore. Who said it's the end of the world. I have rods from G Loomis blanks. If this keeps up the only blanks will be CRB. GREAT

·
Registered
413 Posts
I build rods from venders with top quality blanks. This is just another one I can't get anymore. Who said it's the end of the world. I have rods from G Loomis blanks. If this keeps up the only blanks will be CRB. GREAT

lol @ CRB & MHX. They're pushing that stuff HARD ;D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I own quite a few st croix's made in the US, bought one low end model made in mexico and was not happy with it. I also like the g loomis i have but like the blanks better on my legend xtreme and avidx.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Am I understanding this correctly?

The company is doing well and needs their blanks to produce their own products to keep up with demand...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts