Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went West last week and fished the Taylor and then the East River. Did fairly well on the Taylor with my largest ever Rainbow @ 22".
Went down to the East river on Friday and fished for Salmon. First time ever! I managed to catch four of about 20 hooked in 3 hours. Two of the four were hooked in the mouth which I was told is unusual. I was fishing 5X leaders which was really dumb and counter productive. If you go I'd recommend 1X or 2X. These scrappers are NOT leader shy.
I wish I could figure out how to post pix as I have some good ones, but the system keeps telling me the files are too big?? Anyone out there who can tell me how to reduce the file size?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
way to go man , glad to hear you caught some kokes on the east, isent the east closed to fishing ? , were any of the kokes you caught starting to turn, all the ones i caught in the hatchery pond last month were silver

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The colors were still pretty silver. A couple males I saw caught were just starting to color up a bit. I fished down below Roaring Judy, the ponds are all closed now.
Some of the pools had 100-200 fish in them, most around 20 inches.
A Blast!
Bill

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
nice, 100 kokanee in a pool , i bet that was a blast, its amazing you can get one to hit a fly when there is some many in the pool

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
whadley said:
Went West last week and fished the Taylor and then the East River. Did fairly well on the Taylor with my largest ever Rainbow @ 22".
Went down to the East river on Friday and fished for Salmon. First time ever! I managed to catch four of about 20 hooked in 3 hours. Two of the four were hooked in the mouth which I was told is unusual. I was fishing 5X leaders which was really dumb and counter productive. If you go I'd recommend 1X or 2X. These scrappers are NOT leader shy.
I wish I could figure out how to post pix as I have some good ones, but the system keeps telling me the files are too big?? Anyone out there who can tell me how to reduce the file size?
you could try to email the pic to your self most email programs will ask if you want to reduce the size for emailing or if useing windows xp open the pic so you are viewing it then at the bottom click the paint icon (bottom right next to the help icon) it will say open for editing if you highlight that icon then click image along the top then chose "strech skew" and enter like 25% for both horizontal and vertical this will make the pic half as tall and half as wide but i use adobe photoshop elements it comes with some scanners and printers or can be bought for <100 bucks sometimes with rebates and sales it can be had under $40 and you can do some cool stuff with it

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
whadley said:
If you want you can email me the pics [email protected] or like fishinguitars said if you upload them to http://www.imageshack.us/ it will resize them for you and give you a "direct link" which you can post your pictures on the forum by using this code:
Code:
[img]"direct link"[/img]
should look something like this when finished
[img]http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/2818/21sh.jpg[/img]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts