Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to the SLC area for fathers day. Does anybody know of any good lakes (warm or cold water) within an hour or so of there. I have not decided if I am bringing the boat or not. Any information is helpful!!!
left_turn56

·
Registered
280 Posts
Strawberry reservoir near Provo isn't two far away, which offers some of the best stillwater fishing for trout in the west. Stop by the Sportsmans Warehouse in Salt Lake they will be able to give you a ton of info about the area.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have fished Wigeon Bay up north near Ogden have caught a few wipers up there and also Srawberry is another great fishery but it's probably closer to 2 hours from Salt Lake. There is also the great Salt Lake if you are into catching brine shrimp ;D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I will tell you there are many great places to fish in Salt Lake. For the big pond try Strawberry Res. This is the best cuttthrout fishery in the west. For up to date info go to bigfishtackle.com and go to the Utah board. It is a very active site great info like this one.

At strawberry I fish with tube jig of haws point accross from the marina. Aslo try rapala tail dancers or count downs. I have had 100 plus fish week ends on this lake. If you are a fly fisherman bring your tube and a sinking line with a eggsucking leach pattern purple or black. Good luck!

·
Banned
487 Posts
Mountain Dell Reservoir, near Salt Lake city, is the water supply lake for the city. It has huge cutthroats and rainbows in it and the odd mackinaw.
Sadly, the "city" of salt lake city closed it to fishing this year, with the help of the Utah DWR, which is nearly as bad as CO's. Another casualty of our fishing rights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts