Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend sent me this this morning ~

Kelsey Grammer can end a 15 yr marriage by phone, Larry King can be on divorce #9, Britney Spears had a 55 hour marriage, Jesse James and Tiger Woods, while married, were having sex with EVERYONE, 53% of Americans get divorced and 30-60% cheat on their spouses.

Yet, SAME SEX MARRIAGE is going to DESTROY the institution of marriage? Really?

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
It is such a shame that our country has not evolved further already... Why wouldn't we let civil unions be legal and subject to the same benefits AND hardships that marriage does? So stupid...

I would ask, who is the idiots working against this, but then I see one of them complaining about Natalie Portman being pregnant while engaged... Isn't there bigger and more relivent issues to address? Jeesh

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Christians have the highest divorce rate of all popular faiths. Also, higher than inter-faith marriages, much higher than unions between unchurched, as well as same-sex unions. Look it up and tell me what is going to "ruin the institution of marriage".

The "institution of marriage" is a ghoddammed joke anyhow, and this is coming from a married man. There is no need for a contractual agreement on paper for 2 folks to spend their lives with oneanother. The ceremony is kinda cool, as long as it is not in a church, and not blah, blah, blahhh'd by a church official. The rest is bullchit.

disclaimer:^^^^^^^these are just my opinions BTW^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The concept of people spending their entire lives together was invented by people who were lucky to make it to 20 without being eatin by dinosaurs. ;D

·
Registered
978 Posts
longdraw said:
Christians have the highest divorce rate of all popular faiths. Also, higher than inter-faith marriages, much higher than unions between unchurched, as well as same-sex unions. Look it up and tell me what is going to "ruin the institution of marriage".

The "institution of marriage" is a ghoddammed joke anyhow, and this is coming from a married man. There is no need for a contractual agreement on paper for 2 folks to spend their lives with oneanother. The ceremony is kinda cool, as long as it is not in a church, and not blah, blah, blahhh'd by a church official. The rest is bullchit.

disclaimer:^^^^^^^these are just my opinions BTW^^^^^^^^^
The divorce rate of nonchristains is 50%, the divorce rate of christains is 26%.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
i really dont understand why people insist on judging others because their different. what is it to them weather gays marry or not. how in the world does it affect them? people keep insisting that it is a choice . ask any gay person if they would have preferred being born gay or straight and see what there answer is.despite what some religions try to claim there is no cure for gay.let them have some peace.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
bassboy said:
The divorce rate of nonchristains is 50%, the divorce rate of christains is 26%.
Dude...

"Divorce rates among conservative Christians were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics experience."

source: http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

want more buddy?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
longdraw said:
bassboy said:
Dude...

"Divorce rates among conservative Christians were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics experience."

want more buddy?
Found it on the internet, so it must be true....

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Koldkut said:
longdraw said:
bassboy said:
Dude...

want more buddy?
Found it on the internet, so it must be true....
That's funny right there!!

D.J.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
I found it on the internet so its GOTTA be a lie! Especially if it's exactly the opposite of what these people want to hear/believe. :eek:

Prove it wrong or run along...

·
Registered
978 Posts
longdraw said:
bassboy said:
Dude...

want more buddy?
I wouldn't believe a word that group says. It's hard to say whats true anymore.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I'm guessing that WHERE you find your information matters a whole hell of a lot. Christian site? Prolly says christians are saintly about divorce. Ath? Opposite.

In my PERSONAL experience from people who I know...I would have to say that LD's info is pretty solid.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
longdraw said:
I found it on the internet so its GOTTA be a lie! Especially if it's exactly the opposite of what these people want to hear/believe. :eek:

Prove it wrong or run along...
My point is that it's hard to prove your numbers over his.....especially from a special interest website no less. You're innocent until proven guilty, but these guys are not counting solely from 100% of all people regardless of faith, compared to all people of faith.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
I'm guessing that WHERE you find your information matters a whole hell of a lot. Christian site? Prolly says christians are saintly about divorce. Ath? Opposite.

In my PERSONAL experience from people who I know...I would have to say that LD's info is pretty solid.
Marriage is just a piece of paper to most people, whether your christain or not. You can go to 50 different sites with stats and they are all different. Like I said it's hard to believe anything you read on the net.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
The numbers prolly look inflated as well because there are so many more xtians than any other religion...probably 50% of the people I know are xtian.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
bassboy said:
longdraw said:
bassboy said:
Dude...

want more buddy?
I wouldn't believe a word that group says. It's hard to say whats true anymore.
I agree KK, but as far as these #'s, they have held relatively steady since I have followed, which began with an essay I wrote for an ethics course in the late 90's.

As far as this topic, my original post was made merely to point out a hypocrisy with regards to the groups that have a vested interest in preventing homosexuals from gaining the same rights given to heterosexuals by law.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts