Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alex and I started at Antero- what a craphole! 99% iced, every available open water was ringed with bait-dunkers. One guy I was by had 2 poles each with 3 hooks and globs of Powerbait. He must go thru $50/day in PB! A bunch of peeps were ice fishing.

Left in disgust and hit the Platte above Spinney. Pretty much solid ice with a few openings, enough to get us a couple 10-12" scrawny, dark bows with hook jaws and rounded tails. All exactly the same. Odd looking fish. Spinney was 99.9% frozen.

Arrived at 11-mile at noon. Got the 1st bite about 15 minutes in and it was fish on till about 2pm when it just totally shut down. Not as many as last time, they werent as aggressive.
Total for the 2 of us was 8, out of 17 total hits. My big was 24", 6 lbs.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Slayer - I thought that was you. We talked for a few minutes in the afternoon at suckers cove. I was sporting the Broncos beenie and drove the red GMC.

I caught the black and white at the Mile! Went to Antero first thing in the morning myself - too many damn people for me! Those people at Antero were elbow-to-elbow.

Nice fish Slayer! I would have settled for anything, even a sucker!

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LONGHORN said:
Slayer - I thought that was you. We talked for a few minutes in the afternoon at suckers cove. I was sporting the Broncos beenie and drove the red GMC.

I caught the black and white at the Mile! Went to Antero first thing in the morning myself - too many damn people for me! Those people at Antero were elbow-to-elbow.

Nice fish Slayer! I would have settled for anything, even a sucker!
Hey man, nice to meet you. Now I know what you look like. I think the bite was early at the mile that day. The metal bite should pick up in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Look who's calling the kettle black and complaining about to many bait dunker's ;D i guess you where fly fishing saturday ;D ;D you crack me up Slayer

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trout said:
Look who's calling the kettle black and complaining about to many bait dunker's ;D i guess you where fly fishing saturday ;D ;D you crack me up Slayer
No way, Trout- BIG difference 'tween me and those bait-dunkers. ;)

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
Trout said:
No way, Trout- BIG difference 'tween me and those bait-dunkers. ;)
Duh I know that ;D I'm not sure if there is a classification for you as a angler. Maybe a super hybrid something ;D

·
Registered
799 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
Alex and I started at Antero- what a craphole! 99% iced, every available open water was ringed with bait-dunkers. One guy I was by had 2 poles each with 3 hooks and globs of Powerbait. He must go thru $50/day in PB! A bunch of peeps were ice fishing.
:D :D :D

Good stuff Butch!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts