Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The girl and her family took me to Bishop's Castle (I like that stuff and never been there) and down to San Isabel today for a birthday trip. The castle was pretty kewl... little scary walking across some of those walkways. The fishing was fair we caught about a dozen and from a couple of the people walking around seems like it was alot more then anyone else catching anything. One kayaker I noticed was slaying them fly fishing, though. All caught were rainbows 10-13 inchers, but very pretty nothing like the stockers I been catching in the local ponds up here. Caught 2 on worms, 4 on some kind of rubber powerbait balls that some old timer on Ft. Carson gave me dont know what they are called, 1 on salmon eggs, and 5 on flies (royal stimulators as top and bead head nymphs on bottom).



Think they let me catch the first one since it was my Birthday.



Cody managed to land one with the fly rod, he hooked into about 4 but this was the only one he landed.



Even Shana caught some.


Action shot of the Shana's father bringing one in and Cody netting him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts
happy B-day looks like one heck of a party

did you talk to the old guy at the castle he can be interesting definitely has his opinions...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
roadkill said:
happy B-day looks like one heck of a party

did you talk to the old guy at the castle he can be interesting definitely has his opinions...
Haha, he was a hoot thats for sure. While he was ranting about the war and gas prices I was thinking he had to be related to some people on this forum. <evilgrin>
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,229 Posts
Nice fish, It is so much nicer seeing pictures of people and being able to say, "hey, I know them!"

Looks like you had a great birthday.

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
nice job eric. thats a nice area down there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts
ePiC said:
roadkill said:
happy B-day looks like one heck of a party

did you talk to the old guy at the castle he can be interesting definitely has his opinions...
Haha, he was a hoot thats for sure. While he was ranting about the war and gas prices I was thinking he had to be related to some people on this forum. <evilgrin>
i think i sometimes go to the castle more to hear him than to see whats new sometimes he way out there other times he can make the hair on the back of your neck stand up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Great photos. Been to that lake many, many times. Next time, go to the other side--fishing is better there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts
seams every ware i go the fishing is always better on the other side and of course yesterday
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pescado loco said:
Great photos.  Been to that lake many, many times.  Next time, go to the other side--fishing is better there.
The guys/gals walking around the lake said we had caught the most that they had talked to. The spot we were at had a steep drop off with a shelf not to far out that you could see when the wind would blow. The guy in the kayak was nailing them right on the otherside of the shelf and we were doing pretty good on the shore side. When ever its windy I always fish the windy shore, kind of something I picked up bass fishing and I usually always catch fish. (knock on wood)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top