Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the wife and I headed down to Galveston last week for some much needed relaxing. Most of it was spent drinking and sitting at the beach but we managed to hook up with a buddy down there to get some fishing in. The fishing was on. Action was non-stop. The sunsets/sunrises are really something else down there. Mudminnows, shrimp and plastic shrimp on a lead head did just fine for us.
lots of specks and flounder and lots of fillets to bring home. Ive always said if I moved out of Colorado it would be to Galveston. Ill let the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy.

woke up at sunset one morning and we each had our limit in less than an hour. four boats in the area and we were the only ones catching

two man limit of flounder (they didnt all fit in the picture 8)

Meghan got the big flounder of the trip

I got the big speck of the trip. Just under 25"

Here are just some cool pictures. Like I said the sunsets there are outta this world

Split the meat in two. This is my half. Obligatory meat pic for Slayer

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good stuff! :thumb: Galveston, huh? Heard about it but never gave it much thought. I should check it out.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I'm so very jealous. I was down there in November (prime red time, supposedly)...we got roughed up by the weather.

Glad to see you beat them up real good! Delicious salt fishes!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks fellas. If you hit it right it is immaculate (no pun intended) but its always a great time. If anyone ever gets a chance to go down there I recommend it. there were some wade fisherman popping corks that were hammering them as well. I think there was a drowning while we were there. Guy got sucked out by the undercurrent. Scary stuff.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Im going down there for a few days in September. my son is playing UH and I figure go a few days early and fish the salt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts