Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from my father the other day and he asked for our familys xmass list. What do you guys ans gals want from santa? Other than a subscribtion to ColoradoFisherman magizine (got one) what do you want?

Bass pro gift card or other company gift card.
Aqua Vu camera?
New Rapala lures
ETC

This could be a long list.

What would you ask Santa for.

JT

·
Registered
238 Posts
My own bass pond   10 acres or so  Covered  and airated.year around fishing...

For real....decent fly rod.....beginners fly tying kit.....chest waders....thats pretty much it.....come on santa!!! Ive been catch-and-release all season!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
A week long, all expenses paid trip to Canada for me and my girlfriend, to fish for every species of monster fish that inhabit those remote lakes.

Of course, I'd like the accomodations to be "5-star" ...but I'll settle for "4 1/2" since I haven't always been a "good boy" ;).

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Some exotic feathers for my Salmon Flies. These things tend to get pricey sometimes. A St. Croix Flyrod blank. And of course to meet the Hardy Girl on the stream somewhere. ;D I don't ask for alot.

Jim

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Ken,

To my surprise Kala Vene doesn't have problems getting on plane even with a big load. Hole shot in Michigan is like under 4 seconds, here on the plains probably 5 seconds, and in the mountains 6 seconds all with the same prop. (amazing to me a previous I/O person - now I have 2 yamaha props for sale!) Before I bought the boat I looked at the yamaha performace charts for 150's and 200's on the same weight boat. The 150's always had the same hole shot, lower fuel consumption(MPG), and only 4-6 mph less top end. Since the Yamaha 200 is the same displacement as the 150 that made sense to me, same torque, higher top end fuel flow. - I know its the engineer in me.

The problem is cross wind or fishing partners, kids and dogs that all stand on the same side of the boat to watch the world go by. Thus the need to level the boat, and, mostly, I like to push the bow down a bit running in bigger water to smooth out the ride.

I thought someone was going to jump on the need for an autopilot, umm - thehulltruth guys did a while back... My grandpa and dad both had them on their boats, - invaluable - in my opinion.

Ter

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Wow, a topic killer post... ;D Ok then, can santa please bring a horse, my kids are on a serious need to have horses campaign.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Do what a friend of mine did. He got his 14 yr. old daughter a summer job with a farm that boards horses. After she fed and groomed horses all summer, shoveled tons of manure, and got her foot stepped on a few times, she decided that horses are still very nice, but she really didn't need to own one herself.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
WE,

Good advice, seems most of my problems started after I set my kids up with lessons and free rides (not free) at the stable. Live and learn....

Back to the topic, I dropped serious bread, not crumbs, this year. Everyone thinks Santa put me on some sort of hit list,,,, No Presents for TALO, no sir eee.

Live and learn.

D

·
0 Posts
TAL0362 said:
...seems most of my problems started after I set my kids up with lessons and free rides (not free) at the stable.  Live and learn....
Hey Terre-

Like many young girls, my daughter pestered me about wanting to buy a horse when she was little.

So when she was about 10 years old I sent her to "horse camp" for a week in the Summer.  It was a day camp, so the kids came home at night.  The campers were responsible for all phases of the care of their horses for the week.  My daughter came home the very first night and said, "Whew! Boy, Dad, horses are a lot of work.  Did you know you have to muck the stalls?"  Then she got a very earnest look on her face and said, "I think we should just rent a horse when we want to ride."

That was about the best $150 I ever spent!

·
Registered
935 Posts
flip-up ice fishing shelter
versatile fishfiner for all seasons (already getting this one)
Yet another medium action ice rod/reel combo
A truck
More consulting work

Interesting, I put the things I WANT higher on the list than the thing I NEED.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts