Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

The summer season is over, so how do you feel it went? Did you get out as much as you hoped?

• Hell Yes! And then some!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As expected

• Not as expected

• How do I tie a clinch knot again?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting here at home after walking the dog around the block in my down jacket and it hits me: summer is over and so is all day/night summer fishing. Looking back, I feel like I took my opportunities to go fish and did just that, but it feels different. Our family doubled in size 2 months ago, and I wasn't able to take those overnight trips like in the past, and I'm cool with it, but I find myself wondering what would have been. Fishing outings will need to be more planned, more wife approval will be needed, and day trips will be the norm. But, such is life, and life is good these days, so I'll just shut the hell up and drink my Dale's while watching competition bass fishing on TV (damn that stuff is boring).

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
rmalling, I love watching those bass guys try and break rods.....too many of them have spent their youth watching bill dance and roland martin set the hook on fish that weren't deserving of it. Congrats on the addition, I did not spend enough time on the water, but my fly time is going to increase here real quick as it's that season!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I went with as expected. I knew I wouldn't get to do much fishing away from my home waters this summer, but I did get a lot of days in and had some great outings even if they were on familiar territory. Having young kids is tough on the fishing adventures, but down the road I hope to instill my love for fishing and the outdoors in my kids. In the mean time, this is a good time of year to fish the local waters so I'm hoping for a productive fall. Congrats on the family additions!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I had my best day ever of fishing back in April...and that was about it. :-\

Time for fall/winter fishing again though, which I love. :)

Had a new addition to my family as well, so that's pretty much awesome.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
master of the fly said:
COCarp said:
Hell Yes! And then some! Tomorrow will be day 78!
Nice... I know you had a great time on that RMNP hike.
Something only a few people have ever done.
Yea that was a solid trip....I don't know if I can do that again. It's a tough hike!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Interesting split so far 50% good 50% bad....as for myself the trips with the "Boy's" are way down compared to years past, time is so precious these days....However my kid's (10 and 12) are asking me more than ever to take them.. I am going to enjoy that while it lasts..Good summer for me ..I gots me a capr too ;D

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
This summer was just amazing. The fishing around here was just specatcular. To any of you who feel a bit empty or like it gets dull, give warm water a chance.... it can bring new energy and a totally diferent type of fishing with a whole new set of challenges.

I also improved my casting drasticly, so I think this summer was just a total success. My only mishap was the last month of wiper fishing... I just have too much on my plate and missed the best fishing of the year, but I have plenty of years to make up for it!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Hell Yes! And then some!

I took care in reducing my number of fishing days while raising the quality of the days I spent on the water. Caught 4 new species and smashed a bunch of cat on the side.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Only went up to the high country twice this past summer, so that's why I wasn't more satisfied.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have fished about 65-70 days this year, some on spin combo and some on fly probably half and half. Caught alot of fish but I dont find the fishing season to be over...got some fall/winter fishing left and then eventually it will b time to ice fish! I made a bunch of goals this year and i met pretty much all of them. I did make a goal to fish 100 days this year which might happen but probably not..if not will b high 80's or something ...

otherwise great year IMO O0

·
Registered
60 Posts
I learned to fish streams this year... Awsome! Fished on lakes out of a kyak... Awesome! I have had a blast this year.... and yet somehow I still want more.
After a good day out and I am on the way home I start thinking, "this was good... since I've had my fix, now maybe next week I'll try and get some of those home projects done and spend some more time with the family..." But after a week of work I need more therapy! Drives my poor wife crazy. I admit it, I am an addict.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts