Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mechanical removals have been discussed at both lakes, despite both lakes having far too many perch or other panfish rather than too many predators. Email Lori Martin and Brian Gray and tell them you don't want removals of pike, and that a healthy population of big pike is scientifically proven to help control hammer handles from getting out of control.

[email protected]

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We know the CDOW usually doesn't listen, but you can't biatch if you don't try. They extended the comment period till the end of this month.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
when the new regualtions go into place to allow spear fishing and bow hunting of pike those 2 lakes are toast, they will not have to do any removals. The bow fisherman will clean all those big pike out of Harvey lickity split, it sucks but that is where we are headed.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Bobco is right, I think we have seen the glory days of big pike and they are on the way out. Even right now I have seen lots of snaggers and the rangers refuse to get out of their trucks and do anything. I have called OGT and got no response to snaggers at Harvey. The Western slope will soon be home to nothing but kokes and stockers once they get done killing the lakers and pike.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Hard to release a fish with a bow or a spear through it's skull. ??? They'll just let someone else do the eradicating for them. Sucks bad!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts