Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I hope this is the right place to post this. I found a crystal river 4-5 fly combo at a sporting good big box store that is closing.in Houston Texas I picked it up for 20.00 bucks new in the box . 8'- 8 section rod with a Model CR -4/5 reel. Has a little fly box, leader 9' of 4x and and something they are calling toying line 20 LB. 15 Yds. White. I have looked the internet inside and out and can not find Toying line. Does anyone know what toying line is? I do not think it is backing or fly line being only 15 yds . It feel like speaker wire without the wire inside, and it is solid. Thanks so much.

All fish must be caught once in their life to show them who is boss
If I had to guess, I'd suspect it's for practice casting. For example: http://swiftflyfishing.com/products/hi-viz-practice-fly-line

But again, only a guess.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Heres another way to save a lot of cash -- Instead of using Shimzake Dry Shake or Loon Powder, Frogs Fanny etc at greatly inflated prices - order up some Bohning Feather Dri at your local archery shop or anywhere online. same stuff, but you get a two year supply for a whopping 8 bucks :)

You're welcome

·
Registered
170 Posts
Geez ........ you guys are worse than women at a shoe sale ..... but it is comforting to learn that I am not the only one to be afflicted by TAS, otherwise known as Tackle Acquisition Syndrome !

21 - 26 of 26 Posts