Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back a little while ago from fishing Sawhill. The bass are really hitting well if you land on the right pond. I got there around 5:30 pm, walked around, exploring some of the back ponds and started fishing around 6. First cast, I throw out a Cinnamon/Blue Flake Wave Worm and immediately hook a fish. It felt like a good one but got off after diving into some thick vegetation. A few minutes later, I land a nice bass, about 16 or 17 inches. Soon after I move to another spot further down the shoreline, and over the next 45 or so minutes, I caught five more bass, from 13-15 inches, all really fat and healthy and full of fight. At about 7:30, I tried a couple of the other back ponds but didn't get much action. Then I went back to the pond I was catching fish and made a few more casts and got one more bite before leaving.

Not a bad evening. From the short time I was there the bass seemed really aggressive. This was the first time I've fished Sawhill and the solid action has me excited about going back soon. I'll probably try it again later this week (maybe tomorrow).

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Thanks for the report .. I'll prob hit that place up this coming weekend.. SAWHILL .. well im not sure on the directions on how to get there MileHighBassin.. have you ever fished walden ponds .. its right next door just north of it.. RIght after the railroad tracks..

steve

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
monkies_butt said:
have you ever fished walden ponds .. its right next door just north of it.. RIght after the railroad tracks..
I've never fished Walden but passed by them yesterday when looking for Sawhill. They look promising. I hope to spend a whole day sometime soon in the Longmont/Boulder area, fishing places like Pella, Sawhill and Lagerman. So maybe I'll try Walden then.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went back out to Sawhill for a little tonight. I first stopped at Pella but only stayed there for about 20-30 mins, because my brother wanted to go back to Sawhill. While at Pella, I saw some bass that were easily 18+ inches but couldn't get them to bite (Pella bass are hard to figure out, but when you find what they want, you could really get into some nice fish).

Got to Sawhill at around 7 and fished for about an hour and a half. I went to the same spot I fished yesterday but didn't do as well today. I caught one bass (~14-15 inches) and one nice perch (~8 inches).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts