Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad and I hit Tarryall Res. this afternoon hoping the wind would die down some. Didn't go this morning because of the wind. The whole middle of the lake and east and west shoreline down by the dam is open water or bad ice. Where we fished last week is open water! :mad: Went down by the inlet area on the west side where 4 other anglers were. There was 9-10 inches of ice there. Fished from 2-4pm. I got 10 and had 7 other hits and lost 1. Dad got 1 and had 1 hit. We were in 7 feet of water. The juice=YUM Shad spray. ;D All rainbows. Kept a couple for the smoker. Bigger keepers than past years. Alot better fishing on the ice at Tarryall than the past 2 years. Caught mine on the ultralight poles with 4 pound flourocarbon. They felt lake a monster lake trout on those poles. Pink was the hot lure. Wish winter would return before it ruins the ice at Antero.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Far as I'm concerned it can get down to -10 for a week. Last year at this time Tarryall was solid with a foot of ice.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully by the first of the year winter will be back there Cajun. Trying to cram in all the icefishing I can since we got those late season cow elk tags after Christmas. ;D Might hit the Rampart Res. inlet next week if it doesn't cool down.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
10! Nice...we probably saw you out there then?

D.J.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Brian, you should be slamming those largemouths down there in Orlando, FL on your vacation!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts