Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Between gander mountain, cabelas, bass pro, and sportsmans wearhouse I just feel like that's not even necessary.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Finally,now if we could only get a Mills Fleet Farm here so my two favorite stores could be in Colorado.They both carry a lot more walleye and ice fishing gear.I visit my brothers in Iowa every year and spend a lot of money at the 2 stores.Fleet Farm is my favorite of all stores.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I just wish any of them would open up a store for us "west siders." Discount Tackle just doesn't cut it for me. Dicks is a joke as well. Sure was hoping Cabelas was going to open at I70 but alas just a tease.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Finally,now if we could only get a Mills Fleet Farm here so my two favorite stores could be in Colorado.They both carry a lot more walleye and ice fishing gear.I visit my brothers in Iowa every year and spend a lot of money at the 2 stores.Fleet Farm is my favorite of all stores.
I'm from Iowa, and I always seem to be missing Mills Fleet Farm. Scheels is great, their customer service is always no questions asked and they will let you return just about anything.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Hopefully they carry a good selection (and stock) of baitcast reels when they open. Finding a certain reel this weekend was a freaking nightmare and I didn't even get the one I originally wanted. Extremely frustrating when every sports store within 100 miles doesn't have what you want, and they say they don't control the reels they get in or the amount of left hand retrieves they get in. You'd think they'd change that? Hopefully scheels has a more knowledgeable fishing department too, because after this past weekend I learned most employees don't know anything about fishing equipments. Sorry for the rant but that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this, just another sporting good store with shitty selection/stock and employees that don't know much

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I just wish any of them would open up a store for us "west siders." Discount Tackle just doesn't cut it for me. Dicks is a joke as well. Sure was hoping Cabelas was going to open at I70 but alas just a tease.
Sportsmans warehouse is opening on Santa Fe and 285 ish

3910 River Point Parkway
Sheridan, CO

Open Date: Friday, August 28, 2015
Grand Opening Date: Friday, September 25, 2015

·
Registered
676 Posts
Gander sucks. Bass Pro sucks. Sportsmans mostly sucks. I pretty much stick with Cabelas or local fly shops. I pick up a few things at Jax. I'm looking forward to seeing what scheels brings.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have been to Scheels in North Dakota and it is a nice store with good prices and selection. I don't care for the new Cabelas stores, but I do still order from them online.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Sportsmans for Kastys, Bouyants, and crocs. Bass Pro for blades.
However I find myself ordering metal online from FishUSA.COM a lot now due to better selection and price. Free shipping and still cheaper than local. Also no sales tax.

Plus at work I'm getting paid to shop! Hell yeah!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Cabelas has always been my favorite as well, but it seems like the people at the Lonetree location are particularly unhelpful. They usually just don't know any answers to my questions. Oh well, that's what the internet and researching is for.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Gander sucks. Bass Pro sucks. Sportsmans mostly sucks. I pretty much stick with Cabelas or local fly shops. I pick up a few things at Jax. I'm looking forward to seeing what scheels brings.
I would purchase an item from any of those shops before cabelas. screw cabelas

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've found Sportsman's (at least here on the Western Slope) to be better than Cabelas. There are a few items I will purchase at the Cabelas' store in Grand Junction but mostly the things I want from Cabelas I will order on line - and even then, not that much.

We have a Dick's here in Montrose and I find them to be pretty much worthless. In the years they have been here in Montrose I think I may have purchase a pair of sandals and that's it.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts