Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the long trem it will mean a 5 to 15 foot more drawdown each year. the good news is the new upper williams canyon lake in SE colorado springs will be 1000 acres and will take some pressure off pueblo. they could start this project soon, but probably it won't impact the lake for a few more years.

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
I'm from C Springs, but feel strongly that SDS needs to benefit Pueblo and Pueblo County as much as C Springs. I'm not sure a new Res in El Paso County will benefit sportsman, if you use other lakes as a model. There's several that we can't use for any recreational purposes. But EPC needs the water, so Pueblo Res will certainly be affected if we draw down even more than is being shipped to Kansas. The SDS is, and will be a very sensitive issue. In the end, it shall be resolved, I hope everyone is satisfied with the outcome :)

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
walleye seeker said:
BHR what do you care, you are going to run out on us to texas ;D ;D ;D
Yup, but I may be back to build the SDS, if the company I work for is selected to build it. And we have a decent chance... I have family in Pueblo County and EPC, so I care a little bit....

But Texas is home for now :D :D

BHR 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts