Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to purchase a Sea Eagle 8 with all the extras for a real good price. I do not know anything about rafts; I have always used a float tube/ pontoon. Has any one ever had any luck good or bad? On the other side, I can also score a Creek Company ODC 1018 Pontoon Boat, also for a real good price. What would you do? Any info on will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Pope

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't know about Sea Eagles, specifically, but I do have a Sevelor.
The single best thing you can do for one of these inflatibles is cut a piece of plywood to match the bottom. Then get one of those bolt on seat mounts-the kind w/a 4-bolt square mounting flange on both ends, about 12" high. Bolt it to the plywood at a location that's comfortable to row from. Then bolt on a swivel boat seat. Much more comfortable than sitting on that soft floor, plus you can actually stand up if you have to. Use carriage bolts w/the head under the plywood so you don't punch holes in the vinyl floor. The whole shebang fits in the back of a pickup, but it usually takes 2 guys to get it into the water, unless you can back up right to the shore. I just may have to dust it off and try it out at Gross, since my regular boat's not a car topper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts