Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one out there know how to get to this lake? I am up for wandering up there this weekend if someone can tell me how to get there. I hear it is about a mile hike to good fishing.. that's no problem.. I just don't know how to find the lake. I hear it's somewhere up hwy 14, but that's about all I've been able to find. O and one more thing, is there a fee? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Take 287 out of Fort Collins to Ted's Place, turn left on Highway 14, go about 5 or 6 miles to the park enterance (don't know the name, it is on your right), curve down into the park entrance, go all the way to the back of the park and you will see parking at the end. Cross over the bridge and follow the dirt road on foot all the way back to the lake. You will cross a foot bridge over the north fork of the Poudre. A little after that you get to the dam face and you hike straight up and you will see the lake. From there you can veer right up a trail that goes along the side of the lake away from the dam.

THere are nice perch and trout in Seaman. You will see a lot of people walking their dogs, too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reg,
thanks for the info! I hope to get up there on Sat and give it a try. will post a report if I do!

Funny thing is that I have spent a lot of time around that area, lived in Ft. Fun for 10 years, and never had any idea it was there...

·
0 Posts
I didn,t know you could still fish there. There used to be some nice walleyes in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts