Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad, Jerry, and I were out fishing at the mile between 7-10:30 am. 12 inches of ice where 2-3 weeks ago it was open water. Staight out from Howbert point and towards the middle of the resevoir by the islands the ice doesn't like too safe. Some good ice cracking going on after the sun came up. One out in front of us sounded like thunder. Dad and Jerry had a couple hits and Jerry lost one. I had 3 hits and caught 2 rainbows, kept the 17 incher. Water loked more murky/dirty on the backside then the front (north) side. Caught smaller trout on an icefly tied by the Cajun. Met Frito (spelling) from Pueblo. Dad went by himself yesterday and caught 1 17 inch bow and had a few other hits. Was in 11 feet of water then switched to 15 FOW. About 12 other anglers scattered over the res. Guess everyones going to Antero! ;D

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Re: Secert Spot at Elevenmile Res., 1-13-11

i need to get down there this season, havent fished the mile to much in the past few years. lucky dog, u live so close

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, it was today we fished it not a year ago. 1-13-11. Patrick, we'll try and set an 11-mile date here soon.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't catch a fish today on the Automatic Fisherman because I left it in the shed. Becoming obbessed with that thing. I'll catch a trout or pike on it tommorrow at Tarryall. ::)

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Good to hear you guys got into a few at the secret spot last year, oops, I mean this year. ;)

Glad the ice is finally starting to cover the whole lake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts