Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone does anything to secure their electronics (or other fishing gear for that matter) when they leave their boat on the water overnight?

I never really have done anything other than move tackle boxes and rods out of sight. But I spent some money on a pretty decent sonar earlier this year, which has me wondering what others do?

The sonar is on one of those Johnny Ray quick disconnects, so I don't know if there is some way to lock it? The boat will spend a holiday weekend in the slips at Blue Mesa, some overnights on shore at Steamboat/Stagecoach, and some time in the slips at Powell. Never had a problem before. Maybe my luck will continue.

Thoughts?

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
My sonars never stay in my boat, always get taken out and stored either in the truck or camper. Also my tackle bags never get left behind, to much money wrapped up to take a chance. Sometimes I'll lock the rods up in the storage if they fit, otherwise they get taken out also. See where I'm headed here...people can suck and I'm not going to aid in their habits on my dime, a lot of dimes!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Unfortunately it is the world we live in where we have to protect what is ours from others who believe anything they want they can take. Although I don't have a boat, I do use my pontoon quite a bit and tend to leave it tied up to the shore when I camp at various lakes. I have quite a few fly boxes in the storage bags along with extra reels, etc. I never leave anything in the storage bags overnight. I tend to think I am doing my part to help those inclined to steal keep from getting drugs, money or whatever else at my expense. Just my two cents worth but if it were me, I wouldn't leave anything where it even tempts someone. btw...leaving things in trucks isn't all that safe either. I have had my truck broken into multiple times (even stolen while I lived in Oregon). Thought I was safe here in Montrose, Colorado but have had my truck broken into here as well.....they caught the little brat and he's now in deep doo doo.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Unfortunately it is the world we live in where we have to protect what is ours from others who believe anything they want they can take. Although I don't have a boat, I do use my pontoon quite a bit and tend to leave it tied up to the shore when I camp at various lakes. I have quite a few fly boxes in the storage bags along with extra reels, etc. I never leave anything in the storage bags overnight. I tend to think I am doing my part to help those inclined to steal keep from getting drugs, money or whatever else at my expense. Just my two cents worth but if it were me, I wouldn't leave anything where it even tempts someone. btw...leaving things in trucks isn't all that safe either. I have had my truck broken into multiple times (even stolen while I lived in Oregon). Thought I was safe here in Montrose, Colorado but have had my truck broken into here as well.....they caught the little brat and he's now in deep doo doo.
Good to hear about the rats being caught!! Throw the book at'em....hell cut a few fingers off...that'll straighten some out quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts