Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to realize that I find fishing in stocked lakes a bit boring. Can anyone recommend some good self-sustaining places, with a good population to fish? I've tried 11-mile, but I have had zero luck there in the last 10 times I have gone.

I would love to catch some bass, but I have no boat yet. Catfish would be great too. I have a travel trailer, so any place I can park it and have some good fishing action would be awesome.

I'm not too interested in catch and release.... I want a good fish fry. It's probably the most I miss about back home (Louisiana).

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
11 Mile is a good place for large fish caught from the shore. I would study what others are doing.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
So you want to eat the fish out of the self sustaining areas instead of the lakes stocked for that purpose...

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Try San Isabel... great fishing and the fish are tasty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just don't understand why some people feel the need to keep wild fish. That's why we have put and take lakes. Anyway, the following link contains stocking reports (or lack thereof) for a bunch of lakes and ponds around the state.

http://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/FisherySurveySummaries.aspx
Probably because I'm not use to fishing out of a big aquarium. Even though the state has bag limits for fish, even wild fish, its obvious this thread is going to generate a political debate, rather than a discussion, so a moderator is welcome to lock the thread.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Probably because I'm not use to fishing out of a big aquarium. Even though the state has bag limits for fish, even wild fish, its obvious this thread is going to generate a political debate, rather than a discussion, so a moderator is welcome to lock the thread.
You obviously don't know the moderator here >:D

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Stop being dicks, Fellas. Welcome to CO. Try Sloan's lake. it is full of big healthy fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.