Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WIND.

That is pretty much it. It wasn't even enjoyable being on the water but we were persistent and found a sheltered area and fished it for a few hours. I hooked into two small eyes and 3 big ass trout. Two were rainbows. One rainbow was 18". Also caught the hoss below. 17" and FAT. What kind of trout is that? Thing was huge and put up an awesome fight. Guy even pulled off some drag which is always nice...

One thing that made the fishing easier was that some people that were partying pulled up on shore in the same spot for shelter. As we trolled back and forth they kept throwing us beers. It was pretty fantastic. I sheltered area to fish, some giant trout, and free beer. It really get's no better.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Careful andys gonna get mad at you for keeping a fish that "you don't even know what it is" ;D;D Nice fish man way to stick with it!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I thought it was some kind of cutthroat. I also thought it was some kind of cutt hybrid like a cuttbow. I dunno. I didn't plan on keeping any trout but the fishing was so slow up to that point we kept him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts