Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going out on the boat at Seminoe this weekend for some eyes. May also try and sneak away to hit up the Miracle Mile.

I'm not gonna lie, last summer we did this and I felt like a commercial fisherman. My family has the walleye catching system down pat. Bottom bouncers with worms and lures that my great aunt makes every morning depending on what was hitting the most the day before. By the end of the trip we are catching so many eyes it isn't even fun anymore.

Anyway, anyone have some other techniques for trolling? Any specific lures the eyes like? I would like to mix it up a bit and break up the monotony of "worm, net, worm, net, etc..."

Anyone?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Catching walleyes there is always pretty easy! There are millions!!! Troll cranks like Tail Dancers for bigger fish. Big trout like them also!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Too many walleyes. That really sucks.
Yeah but they are all 13-15" and really skinny usually. They used to let you keep 20 a day:biggrin1: But then they reduced to the regular Wyoming limit to streamline the Wyoming regs:mad:

My friend Heath caught over a 100 of the little guys one day and fish 101 weighed 12 lbs!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I had the Walleye Central Get-together there about nine years ago? We had the mother of all fish frys there both nights:D

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah but they are all 13-15" and really skinny usually. They used to let you keep 20 a day:biggrin1: But then they reduced to the regular Wyoming limit to streamline the Wyoming regs:mad:

My friend Heath caught over a 100 of the little guys one day and fish 101 weighed 12 lbs!
They are easy but the average for us was closer to 18"-20" with a lot of 22" and the biggest being 24".

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
EVERY time I hit Seminoe...
Something BAD happens.... :'(
We do catch fish, though.....
Any improvements to the facilities in the last 5 years?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EVERY time I hit Seminoe...
Something BAD happens.... :'(
We do catch fish, though.....
Any improvements to the facilities in the last 5 years?
Facilities?

There is a boat ramp and campsites where we are and a little store on another part of the lake. That is about it. My only complaint about the place is a lack of trees at the camp sites. Other than that it's great. We'll be out fishing on some part of the lake for hours and only see one or two other boats off in the distance.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
fished i t once long time ago, will never forget the kids were playing in playground while we setup camp, went to launch boat and rattler was in road right next to playground, frickin thing was stiking at boat trailer wheels when we went by, wife really did not enjoy trip.......did best slayer techniques and shoveled it

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I heard pathfinder and seminoe is rotten with rattlers. Like you don't wander off the beaten path because you'll find a dozen of them rotten..

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I heard pathfinder and seminoe is rotten with rattlers. Like you don't wander off the beaten path because you'll find a dozen of them rotten..
Scared of rattlers, Davey Boy?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts