Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day Gents,

The family and I are going to try fishing at Seminoe next week. I am looking for what area to fish and what those fish like to bite. Also looking for other thinks that the family can do in that area. More than likely we will be at the state park for our HQ. Will have the boat and all my walleye gear and what trout gear I have.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
JT

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
When I was there 2 yrs ago in August,we stayed at the main campground nearest the dam.We caught lots of trout trolling shad raps over the deep water.Then we headed by boat upstream about 6 or 7 miles? to the big sand dune/mountain area near the seminoe yacht club.Lots of people were fishing this area and we caught both trout and wallys on spinner rigs and shad raps.I caught a wally at 6ft over 60 ft!We didnt even try any stuff on the bottom.Worms were the only bait we tried on the spinner rigs.Shad raps were deep divers,8-10 ft,I think.I also have had luck using 1/4 oz silver/orange kastmasters.Good luck-

B

·
0 Posts
Took a trip there years ago and all I remember was the rattle snake coiled up in the parking lot that was peed off and hitting at my trailer tires as we went by. The kids had beed playing on the swings 50 yards away for the last hour! Just keep an eye out for them......

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.

Anyone else have any hints to fishing Seminoe. Had a friend using lead core a few weeks back at seminoe any one using it? Is it worth it or should I use snap weights if I want to go deep?

Thanks
JT

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
I really think that you wont hafta go deep.The baitfish are near the surface so the predators will follow.IMO

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
We used to fish Pathfinder which is right next to Seminole alot in the summer. Like Slayer said the trout were almost always suspended 10-20 down over deep water. We used to troll Shad Raps and catch both Bows and Walleye. Back then we didn't even know what a planer board was? I can just imagine how many we would of caught with planer boards?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts