Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in my senior year in high school, and I'm already thinking about next summer. My plan is to go on a trip with my family to fish somewhere, even though my dad and I are the only family members that fish.

I am considering the following places:

Canada (back woods type trip for big pike, walleye, and smallmouth)
Key West (more of a resort trip for tarpon and whatever else is down there)

The rest of the summer my friends and I are getting an aartment in good old Rockport, Texas and fishing all summer. I have some distant family there, and I fish for reds, specks, and drum down there each year.

Do you guys have any suggestions for an "extravagent" fishing trip?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
bonefishing on Christmas Island...

I would not pass up the opportunity to fish in Canada, though. You would not have to learn so much beforehand and would probably be an instant expert!

in any event, sounds like fun...

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
canada for sure ..or nunovut ..I know a spelled that wrong but its in canada's artic its supposed to be amazing

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
go for the tuna you can freeze your arse off any where when was the last time you had a chance to catch a fish that was biger than you and actualy tastes great to boot

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive done the tuna thing and ive actually done the barrier reef when i was 10, not for fishing, but the snorkling was a blast

thanks guys, im kinda leaning toward canada

·
Registered
636 Posts
Man if I were you I'd start my summer off with a senior trip down to Mexico and fish for a bunch of drunk high-school grad girls. I did this for my senior trip and caught me a few and it was a blast. If you have the money though Alaska would be my choice.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i would go with the hole girls thing. i love to fish but man your young and well i hear its about like fishing for stockers throw just about anything out there and you will hook a couple.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
gotmuskie? said:
Man if I were you I'd start my summer off with a senior trip down to Mexico and fish for a bunch of drunk high-school grad girls.  I did this for my senior trip and caught me a few and it was a blast.  If you have the money though Alaska would be my choice.
meandmydog said:
i would go with the hole girls thing. i love to fish but man your young and well i hear its about like fishing for stockers throw just about anything out there and you will hook a couple.
you might catch a keeper that you'd rather not have

seeing you did the tuna then canada or alaska sound like the ticket

1 - 11 of 11 Posts