Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some senkos in 4 inch watermelon/black flake&green pumpkin/black flake are theese good colors? after doing a search on here i found that to texas rig most use a 1/0-2/0 EWG worm hook but what size/type hook is best for wacky rigging?? and would you use the same hook for nose hooking?also do you recommend the 4" or 5" for most colorado waters?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
ineedaboat said:
I just got some senkos in 4 inch watermelon/black flake&green pumpkin/black flake are theese good colors? after doing a search on here i found that to texas rig most use a 1/0-2/0 EWG worm hook but what size/type hook is best for wacky rigging?? and would you use the same hook for nose hooking?also do you recommend the 4" or 5" for most colorado waters?
Everything you said is correct in my book. If fish are active I'll use 6 or 7 inch upto an 11" worm. Most times I am throwing 4-5, and if it is high pressure post storm (read, clear, cooler windy) I'll downsize to a 3". Just let the fish tell you what they want.

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
For Wacky Rigging this is the best hook i have found.

Gamakatsu Weedless Finesse Wide Gap Hook
Bass Pro sells them!
Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
k0diak said:
For Wacky Rigging this is the best hook i have found.

Gamakatsu Weedless Finesse Wide Gap Hook
Bass Pro sells them!
Hope this helps! :)
Thats a sweet looking hook K. I am going to have to get some.

·
Registered
674 Posts
One other tip I might add is to use surgical tubing cut into 1/4" pieces and placed around the middle of the senko where you would normally hook into it. Then just run the hook through the tubing instead of the senko. It allow the senkos to last longer since they don't tear as easily when rigged this way. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts