Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out again in search of fish. I got to same lake around 930. I tried the same spot that produced the night before and nothing. I continued to fish for another 3 hours with out even a nibble. I walked quite a ways by then. I eventually came upon a good looking point. My first cast followig the point out I cranked 10 times and let it sit. I dragged my lure a few feet stopped and started popping it a inch or two at a time and I would let it sit. Four casts in a row through the same spot produced in the last half an hour. I caught a beautiful female and 3 healthy males out of the same spot. All returned to start there spawn. All caught on the same jerk bait.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Nice work sir!...crap I am on call thru Sunday night and wont be able to fish preblizzard...full moon early next week though...retrieve speeds still ultra slow at that pond?...again great job!...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I retrieve fairly fast to get to depth and then I let it sit for 5-10 seconds and would pop the jerk a couple inches. That seemed to trigger the strike tonight. And all casts were out deep not parallel like I'm used to. I had to change it up.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Good info thx maybe see you during the light of the full moon next week...sure makes being a geezer on those rocks easier...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I knew when I saw your missed call that you had gotten into fish! Ahaha.
Nice work, I'm still jealous of your table fare from the other night.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Congrats FS! Got a question: Do you notice that the sticks without the orange belly result in some unusual hook locations? In my experience this year I tend to get goofy hook ups on the non orange belly lures vs. The orange belly. The non orange hits were more aggresive as well. You seeing the same?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Congrats FS! Got a question: Do you notice that the sticks without the orange belly result in some unusual hook locations? In my experience this year I tend to get goofy hook ups on the non orange belly lures vs. The orange belly. The non orange hits were more aggresive as well. You seeing the same?
Good job getting out this week! I was in North Carolina the last week taking care of some family business, but I intend on fishing every night next week;)

My second favorite color that I use mostly during a full moon is what Smithwick calls Hot/Rod. I don't fish Rogues much but I like that pattern a lot! It is silver/black with an orange belly.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Good job getting out this week! I was in North Carolina the last week taking care of some family business, but I intend on fishing every night next week;)

My second favorite color that I use mostly during a full moon is what Smithwick calls Hot/Rod. I don't fish Rogues much but I like that pattern a lot! It is silver/black with an orange belly.
Don't lose any of those Hot Rods buddy. They are all gone for good...

Nice job on the eyes Skillz!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts