Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your in the market for some sexy ass swimbaits and got $$$ to blow check out http://www.raswimmers.com/index.html

They just launched there site, had been following them for awhile and had been waiting to get my hands on them but had no idea how much they would actually go for.

Look very high quality, crazy expensive though

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I wish, I get nervous as **** just throwing my 30$bbzs around I can't imagine paying $125 for a lure. If I had the money to spend like that though, I would own every swimbait there is by every brand

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Jeez people are really trying to turn this swim bait thing into an art huh?
Trying to? nah man... they are, and have been. Some nice stuff out there. I can't lie, I enjoy catching fish on the big baits. There is something about catching fish on an 8" bait and a size 22 in the same day!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Looking like swimbait fisherman will become the new Elitists in the fishing world. Hell, I don't know any fly fisherman who could afford "bait" like that! Or gear for that matter. >:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is stupid! Go get a dynamo, **** get 10 of them if you have $125 to burn!
That's like comparing a piece of **** to a diamond when it comes to swimbaits. If you want to talk about real swimbaits you have to bring in the Roman Made Mother and Deps 250 Slideswimmer.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I have a bunch of dynamos for sale if anyone wants to buy em half price...

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Baits look nice.

OK, rant forthcoming.

If you don't want to spend money on a bait, shut the **** up and don't spend money on a bait. I would be willing to bet George Perry got a rash of **** for spending 30¢ or whatever it was on his Creek Chub Wiggle Fish. Some of you probably have cable. Well, that right there is a big fat waste of money to me.

I blame this reaction on Wal-Mart and China. Wal-Mart and China have worked in tandem for years to program consumers to believe that everything should be as close as possible to free. The same people that shop at Wal-Mart, I have noticed, tend to be blue-collar "'Muricans" that spout tired drivel about freedom and patriotism, about the proud history of American goods and services, then turn around and whine like France about the price of those same goods and services.

I know nothing about the makers of these baits. What I do know, however, is a little bit about making baits. And I know it takes a long time to hand craft a bait like that from start to finish. The materials are expensive and the learning curve is steep. There is a long and arduous design process behind getting the bugs worked out. And swimbaits are, in most cases, being done by American craftsmen, one at a time, in their home workshop.

Wanna use cheap Chinese swimbaits? Awesome, good for you, seriously. Some of them work great. Hooray for cheap Chinese swimbaits. Just don't act like an enraged chimp when someone shows you the other end of that spectrum.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Baits look nice.

OK, rant forthcoming.

If you don't want to spend money on a bait, shut the **** up and don't spend money on a bait. I would be willing to bet George Perry got a rash of **** for spending 30¢ or whatever it was on his Creek Chub Wiggle Fish. Some of you probably have cable. Well, that right there is a big fat waste of money to me.

I blame this reaction on Wal-Mart and China. Wal-Mart and China have worked in tandem for years to program consumers to believe that everything should be as close as possible to free. The same people that shop at Wal-Mart, I have noticed, tend to be blue-collar "'Muricans" that spout tired drivel about freedom and patriotism, about the proud history of American goods and services, then turn around and whine like France about the price of those same goods and services.

I know nothing about the makers of these baits. What I do know, however, is a little bit about making baits. And I know it takes a long time to hand craft a bait like that from start to finish. The materials are expensive and the learning curve is steep. There is a long and arduous design process behind getting the bugs worked out. And swimbaits are, in most cases, being done by American craftsmen, one at a time, in their home workshop.

Wanna use cheap Chinese swimbaits? Awesome, good for you, seriously. Some of them work great. Hooray for cheap Chinese swimbaits. Just don't act like an enraged chimp when someone shows you the other end of that spectrum.
Sensitive much? :biggrin1:

Jokes, Double S.... Well stated, and I totally agree.

Now, time for me to go buy me some $4 storm swimbaits! :D

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
That's like comparing a piece of **** to a diamond when it comes to swimbaits. If you want to talk about real swimbaits you have to bring in the Roman Made Mother and Deps 250 Slideswimmer.

:D:D:D **** no, spending 300$+ on a lure is ridiculous, and Id be surprised if you even own one of the Roman Made Mothers yourself. Lets see some pics of the monsters you catch with the roman made in their mouth

1 - 20 of 29 Posts