Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was down at Pueblo yesterday and the bite was tough-where I was catching multiple fish on main lake points I was getting one bite, or none.

Talked to some guys who wanted to blame the poor bite on the shad hatch-gizzard. They were walleye fishing and caught two fish all morning. Pueblo seems to have a prolific hatch every year-not seeing any balls of fish yet but I'm sure that's coming.

Do any of you guys experience this on the lakes you fish? Guess its time to throw some white/silver tubes.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean those lures that get snagged every 3rd cast?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I caught some shorts yesterday at Chatty pulling bouncers. I noticed bait balls starting to form on sonar all day. I pulled some cranks thru them to no avail. Lots of fish starting to suspend!!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Saw a lot of suspended fish also-some were fairly shallow but most were 12-16 ft down in deeper water.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Saw a lot of suspended fish also-some were fairly shallow but most were 12-16 ft down in deeper water.
It's funny they were at the same death at Chatty but not over deep water? I think the hordes of shad that were in the tree's are now starting to form off those breaks outside the tree's. Best day I ever had trolling at Pueblo was over a 100 feet of water in 104 heat8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts