Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started out in the pump canal that runs into shadow mountain, me and my friend were geting hits every cast on slip bobbers and jigs, we used wax worms, i ended up catching two kokes one 14 and the other 15 inches, and also three rainbows, fished below the spillway caught rainbows and browns, saw a guy faul hook acouple 20 inch kokes, i also saw two purpose, i walked back to coulimbine bay last friday no kokanee, the people were telling me there is always salmon below the spillway, i talked to the guy and he said they were starting to turn colors, and they had hook jaws, the two i caught had hook jaws also

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Nice report. How was the colors on the ones you caught?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they were still very silver, but i the two males i caught were starting to develope hook jaws alittle, epic did u get my pic ?, ive never have tryed gross, but im going to snag this year next month i have an idea of were they run to

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
kokaneeking said:
they were still very silver, but i the two males i caught were starting to develope hook jaws alittle, epic did u get my pic ?, ive never have tryed gross, but im going to snag this year next month i have an idea of were they run to
Yeah got it... was having email problems earlier today and it looks like its back to normal again.

·
Registered
124 Posts
kokaneeking,

When do you guess the kokes will be at their peak?
I have never snagged before & only caught my first one 1 week ago. I've never been to Shadow or Grand just Granby.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
co jones- ive never tryed grand, but for shadow mountain ive caught 3 and lost several others, the problem is the soft jaws, they get off very easyly, the best time for me has been early in the morning 6:30 to about 7:30 is prime time up there, i like green mountain but i only did good opening day and that was it , green mountains run seems to get worse every year, im going to try trolling williams fork for kokanee this weekend, so hopefully i find some spawners

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've heard that is the place to go for numbers & size ( 2-3 lbs) are supposed to be common. Do those rubber snubbers work like they say for tearing mouths? Good Luck up there kokaneeking

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont use snubbers when me and my brother troll, but we did reel in jaws afew times at willow creek, i snagged last year in my waders up further from were the dow was taking eggs i got some monster males, then the next day i got some big females full of eggs, most are 20 to 24 inches and huge, the males have enermous backs !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts