Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow fin chasers. Gonna be up in River Run RV Resort in Granby this weekend. Gonna do the typically CO River fly fishing all way down to Gore Canyon but I'm also gonna hit a few spots with my spin rod and jerk baits. I'm targeting the Shadow Mountain and Granby spillway. Anyone fished there lately? What's working?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Greetings fellow fin chasers. Gonna be up in River Run RV Resort in Granby this weekend. Gonna do the typically CO River fly fishing all way down to Gore Canyon but I'm also gonna hit a few spots with my spin rod and jerk baits. I'm targeting the Shadow Mountain and Granby spillway. Anyone fished there lately? What's working?
Glad you asked, while this is older, I did go two weeks ago and absolutely hammered the brown trout. Less water coming down the spillway but still full of thousands of browns and bows. mostly brows. 4 inch smithswick jerkbaits or dynamic lures.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you asked, while this is older, I did go two weeks ago and absolutely hammered the brown trout. Less water coming down the spillway but still full of thousands of browns and bows. mostly brows. 4 inch smithswick jerkbaits or dynamic lures.

Awesome video! The fish looks amazing. I've never eaten a brown before. I've also thought they were too pretty to eat. I may try it this weekend if I catch them. On the canal fishing, was that at the outlet at Shadow Mountain?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thank you sir. Yes that was the outlet/spillway there. There is a lot of brown trout in there so taking a few you're not doing any damage to the fishery and I agree they are too pretty to eat. I'd never keep one out of a normal river even if it was allowed. I will say they taste 5 times better then hatchery rainbow trout. I would say first light give the mouth of the canal a real try. The canal fishes really well in fall when the browns are in pre-spawn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts