Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Pretty wicked looking - I wonder if I could divert some of my swimbait funds to pick up a couple. Let's see, if I don't replace an 8" Hudd, then I could buy 3 of those. Decision, decisions...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I think I'm going to find balls of bait that are getting hammered from below and cast them right up in the middle of it and let them free fall right thru it. Hopefully the big wipers and Eye's will pick them off just like a crippled shad?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Pretty wicked looking - I wonder if I could divert some of my swimbait funds to pick up a couple. Let's see, if I don't replace an 8" Hudd, then I could buy 3 of those. Decision, decisions...
Or you could divert funds from that $100+ lure and pick up a dozen of them. I only ordered a couple of them with a batch of 10 Husky Jerks and some other stuff. It seems to me that Rapala's new lures of recent years have been flops...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Or you could divert funds from that $100+ lure and pick up a dozen of them. I only ordered a couple of them with a batch of 10 Husky Jerks and some other stuff. It seems to me that Rapala's new lures of recent years have been flops...
The Max Rap was considered a commercial bust also??? It is an amazing lure once the water gets warmer!! It has that wide tail wobble the a Tail Dancer has, but still suspends at 2-3 feet deep. The price point they set for it was way to high!!

I spent the whole summer last year searching the internet for them. I finally had to start buying them from salt water shops in Europe!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
The Max Rap was considered a commercial bust also??? It is an amazing lure once the water gets warmer!! It has that wide tail wobble the a Tail Dancer has, but still suspends at 2-3 feet deep. The price point they set for it was way to high!!

I spent the whole summer last year searching the internet for them. I finally had to start buying them from salt water shops in Europe!
I like them but, for what they cost, I am not crying over their demise. I have caught nothing on the scatter rap or the clacking minnow so far. I should say that have not used them much either. It just seems to me Rapala always hype up their new releases too much with teasers and other marketing gimmicks.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Every bait has it's time and place to shine. Rapala makes some of the best, end of story. The new Shadow Rap looks great, I'll have a few in the arsenal for sure.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Who needs hooks? Haven't used them in years.

Sincerely,
Cocky ****
LOLOLOLOL...few people I know and it covers many are as confident as u grasshopper...a very. good and amusing thing...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Every bait has it's time and place to shine. Rapala makes some of the best, end of story. The new Shadow Rap looks great, I'll have a few in the arsenal for sure.
I don't think Rapala does any better than McDanoald's in terms of having the best product in their respective industries. But, they do make a good product at a good value.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Got my Shadow Raps. One sinks and one suspends in cold tap water. Hooks are different than the ones on the Husky Jerks. They appear to be a little sharper but maybe that's because they are made of a thinner wire. It looks like they will bend easily under pressure. I'll test them on the water tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Got my Shadow Raps. One sinks and one suspends in cold tap water. Hooks are different than the ones on the Husky Jerks. They appear to be a little sharper but maybe that's because they are made of a thinner wire. It looks like they will bend easily under pressure. I'll test them on the water tomorrow.
Got mine tonight also. They look pretty good! Now if the weather would just lighten up some:-[

·
Registered
769 Posts
Purple is no good. Only use for it is face paint for Vikings fans. Wouldn't own a purple crankbait if they were giving them away.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Neal is the Purple Princess...he kills them with the purple ghost...

21 - 40 of 46 Posts