Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone doing well with them. I quit fishing at night over a month ago to concentrate solely on preparing and learning all this finesse crap I need for the tournaments. After this weekend at Trinidad it will be more of a trolling bite the rest of the schedule.

I haven't had an opportunity to throw jerkbaits now for awhile. I still think the Shadow raps will be deadly thrown up into bait balls and allowed to slowly sink thru the shad? I am going to start fishing wipers next week and this will be one of the first baits I throw.

Just curious if anyone has had any success with them yet?

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I know several people who swear by them... I have yet to try em.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I caught a couple on my bone shadow rap. I was at creek last night and some guy was saying he saw someone get into some really nice wiper with a shadow rap

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I caught a couple on my bone shadow rap. I was at creek last night and some guy was saying he saw someone get into some really nice wiper with a shadow rap
Yeah I think they will be killer on Wipers that are already hammering balls of bait! The way they glide and sink at the same time?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Yeah I think they will be killer on Wipers that are already hammering balls of bait! The way they glide and sink at the same time?
Yessir! I grabbed two shallow shadow raps to try them out. I wanted bone and carbon but they didn't have them so I got blue ghost and white ghost. Gonna throw them this weekend

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
10.3 on the Shadow Rap

So easy, a boyscout can do it! No, no, so easy a pre-boyscout can do it! :D

As for the Shadow rap, I haven't thrown it much. I did hook a fish on a night when that was the only bite. Cabelas has a sale on Rapala lures. Just picked up some more Shadow Raps. I have an application in mind for them. Also picked up some Husky Jerks. Hard to beat the good old Husky for shallow rocky areas.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
10.3 on the Shadow Rap

So easy, a boyscout can do it! No, no, so easy a pre-boyscout can do it!

As for the Shadow rap, I haven't thrown it much. I did hook a fish on a night when that was the only bite. Cabelas has a sale on Rapala lures. Just picked up some more Shadow Raps. I have an application in mind for them. Also picked up some Husky Jerks. Hard to beat the good old Husky for shallow rocky areas.

How much were they on sale?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Another one to think about is the flicker shad. I did pretty well on the wiper with them and have spoken to a few who have been doing well trolling for walleye. They are 4-5 dollars a lot less than many series of rapala.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts