Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been coaching everyday after school since Aug, and since my G basketball season ended last sat, decided to reward myself and take a day off. (we don't all have gov jobs :) So I hit the mile for the 1st ice of the year on Tuesday. Was somewhat worried as I knew the ice wasn't that thick, it was 33 degrees when I got there @ 6:45am, and it was windy. Went to suckers and there was only 1 car in the lot. Loaded up, headed out, lines in the water by 7. Didn't mark anything till 7:30 then Bamn! Big red mark, hook into something big, and got this:

Damn is all I could say for the next half hour.:sad:

Wind came and went, ended up catching 4, lost one @ the hole, lost one wrapped on my transducer, caught one that wasn't hooked in the mouth, but by the line hanging out of it's mouth :eek: failed on 3 more bites, and probably had 4 or 5 come in that I played with, but couldn't get 'em to commit (kind of like college :)

Ended up keeping these 2:

The 2 I put back went 19. Fished 12ft of water, ice a solid 5in, All caught on tubes & waxies, tried out my new heater (little buddy), it was 40 degrees when I left @ 3:30 and I was the only car in the lot. All in all a GREAT 1st day on the ice, glad I was sick ;)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nice fish, sucks about the crappy jig. But learning through failures is how we become better and looks like ya didn't let it get you down.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The jigs were old, had them for a while. Needless to say, the rest of the ones I had are not with me any more

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Heck yeah. Was wundrin how you got out on a tuesday!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Better than most report I have seen. At least you got some action. I was on baby sitting duty last weekend and it doesn't look like I'll get to fish this weekend either. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts