Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its time for me to try my yearly attempt at catching a walleye or two in shallow water. Since im a walleye novice and fairly ignorant to such things, do you guys have any suggestions on what types of lures to throw? pics would be cool, since they speak a thousand words....size and color description would help also...

the stuff i usually throw on light spinning gear are rapalas, rattle traps, and jigs...tipped and un tipped on the rocks along damns and such...ive been known to catch a few, but nothing worth bragging about...

so, im all ears....and eyes.... let me know if you are willing to share any info ;)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
OMG, Rottal owns a spinning rod? Hehe, I am trying for my first walleye this year to so all you experts help us out.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Epic,

I think its a ploy, he is asking for pictures so he can tie up a fly that looks just like a the fish catching crank bait.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
kinda what i thought.

M

·
0 Posts
Try a red angel leach retrieved really slow on the bottom using a full sink line. ;D

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
A Chartreuse or White Lindy Fuzz E grub tipped with a minnow is a favorite of mine this time of year. X-Raps, Husky Jerks, and Smithwicks are also good choices. ;)

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm with Don, a white fuzzy grub is tough to beat when the water is still cold. Minnow baits work also if you vary the retrieve until you find what they want. Those 'eyes should start to get a lot easier to catch in the next few weeks. Good Luck. Looney.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts